IPod is a portable digital media player, which can store up to 160GB of data and works well with both on Mac and Windows operating systems. It can store songs, video, games, photos etc. IPod supports MP3, MP4, MOV, WAV, GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, PSD, and TIFF file formats. IPod as an external drive can store all types of file and is mostly preferred by music lovers who want to always carry a large number of songs with them. iPod consists of iTunes library that generally manages and organizes songs in it. If you want to load files other than audio and video files then select “Enable disk usage” in iTunes software. Listening to your favorite songs on iPod is always fun. But sometimes, your iPod may stop responding while playing songs or freezes whenever you connect it to iTunes. There are various reasons like it may be due to viruses, outdated software, changes in humidity and temperature or due to overcharging of the battery. Like other MP3 players, iPod also faces the data loss problems.
Some scenarios resulting in loss of your favorite songs are as follow:
- File System Corruption: File system is used for managing as well as organizing data in an iPod. Sometimes file system of your IPod gets corrupted due to some unknown errors like “iTunes.exe-corrupt file”, which does not allow you to access the songs from iPod resulting in data loss.
- Accidentally restoring iPod: Sometimes, when instead of updating your data if you unintentionally restore the iPod then also you lose your songs because Update operation only updates the application, which controls your iPod where as restore operation erases complete data present on your iPods.
- Malware Attack: Viruses and malware are the most widespread cause of file corruption which can take place on your iPod leading to loss of songs from your iPod.
- Improper Ejection: If you disconnect your iPod directly from you system without using “Exit” option or if you just pull it out abruptly while transferring songs from your device to the system, then this may corrupt the device and you may lose your songs.
- IPod auto synchronization: If synchronization of iPod with iTunes fails, you may face data loss situation. It might happen because of software malfunctions, hardware changes or new user account. It can also happen due to auto synchronization feature in ipod which works when ipod gets connected to Mac machine. When iPod device is connected to the Mac machine it automatically updates iPod device with its music file and results in the loss of earlier songs present in the device. To prevent this, you should manually disable the auto synchronization settings.
In order to recover songs from your iPod lost due to any reason, you need to use professional iPod Recovery Software. As soon as you realize that you have lost the songs from iPod, you should stop using iPod device because those songs are still present in your iPod and can be recovered until they are not over written. When a file is deleted from iPod, only the entry for that space in the iPod will be freed, actual data will remain intact. However, if you add new songs to your iPod then your songs that were in that device earlier will be overwritten and lost permanently. So it’s better not to touch iPod before recovery.
There are so many iPod Recovery Software available in market to recover songs from ipod. iPod recovery Software is one of the best recovery tool designed with special algorithm and strong scanning technique that helps in recovery of deleted and lost songs from iPod devices. It can recover deleted AVI, MOV, MPEG, WAV, AIFF, AMR, MP4, etc. If you have formatted your iPod device and want to get back files again, you can take help of this tool as it performs formatted iPod recovery very efficiently. This software is compatible with both Mac and Window Operating System. It also allows you to view the audio files recovered from accidentally restored iPod Shuffle. It can also restore MP4 files from iPod Classic on Mac Snow Leopard, Lion and Leopard. If you have accidentally synchronized all your songs with Mac iTunes library where you had deleted few files then there are chnaces of losing the music files. Sometimes, you may also encounter iTunes errors. In such case, you can use this software that can easily recover files lost due to iTunes Sync process and it also fix the errors thereby restoring all your music files. To begin the recovery process, you just need to download the software and then follow the below mentioned steps.
Steps to recover songs from iPod
Step 1: Connect iPod to your computer using accompanied data cable, run the software and then open main screen of the software as shown in figure A.
Figure A: Main Screen
Step 2: Select "Recover Files" and then choose iPod from the list of logical drives as shown in figure B.
Figure B: Select iPod
Step 3: Finally, you will get a list of recovered files as shown in figure C.
Figure C: List of Recovered Files